Important Points to be Considered When Making an Application for Abstracts and Rules for Submitting Abstracts
Abstracts should be submitted online in Turkish by using the abstracts system. Abstracts submitted by e-mail and post instead of using the system will not be accepted. It is required to pay attention to typographical mistakes because the abstracts submitted online will be exactly published upon their acceptance.
The presenting author must complete the registration for congress until April 9, 2021. Abstracts of unregistered authors will not be published in the book of abstracts of the congress.
Abstract Submisson Deadline : February 14, 2021
- Abstracts will be collected through the online abstract system.
- No academic titles should be used within the name of the author.
- Only the initials of the first and last name of the author should be capitalized.
- Names and addresses of the institutions of the authors should be absolutely mentioned.
- Only the initial of the abstract title should be capitalized (excluding abbreviations).
- If any abbreviations are used within the abstract, then the long description of the abbreviation should be indicated in brackets.
- In the abstract, the objective and methods used should be briefly mentioned, findings should be summarized along with sufficient quantitative details, and conclusions should be explained in line with the findings presented.
- Abstracts should follow this order: ‘‘Objective’’, ‘‘Methods’’, ‘‘Findings’’ ‘‘Conclusions’’. Case presentations should follow this order: ‘‘Introduction’’, ‘‘Case’’ and ‘‘Conclusions’’.
- Abstracts should be no more than 300 characters excluding the title and names of authors.
- Abstracts will be collected in the form of Posters or Verbal Presentations. You should choose the most suitable category for your abstract in the relevant step.
- The title of the abstract should be clear and reflect the content of the abstract.
- Objective or hypothesis should be clearly described and primary or secondary endpoints, if any, should be explained.
- In the Methods section, the type and characteristics of the study (retrospective, prospective, randomize, controlled, blind etc.) and patients inclusion/exclusion criteria should be indicated, and attempts and assessment parameters should be explained briefly but clearly.
- We kindly ask you refer to any existing ethical approval and consent as well as any statistics methods used.
- Conclusions should be provided in the Findings section according to the method.
- Primary and secondary conclusions should be emphasized in line with the hypothesis.
- Conclusions should be clearly indicated. Conclusions should be commented in the Conclusions section, and if any comparison has been made with other researches, then the strengths and weaknesses of the work should be emphasized.
- If the work has been supported by a fund, it must be indicated in a footnote.
Abstracts that do not follow the editorial rules will be disqualified irrespective of their contents.
- Forensic Pathology
- Head and Neck Pathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- Pathology of Gastrointestinal System
- Pathology of Hepatobiliary and Pancreas
- Cardiovascular Pathology
- Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology
- Breast Pathology
- Molecular Pathology
- Informatics in Pathology
- Pediatric and Perinatal Pathology
- Pulmonary Pathology
- Other Topics
Assessment of Abstracts
The assessment will be made online by the Abstracts Assessment Committee anonymously without disclosing the first/last name and institutions of researchers. According to the result of the assessment by the Abstract Acceptance judge, the assessment results will be sent to all owners of abstracts as a letter of ‘‘Acceptance’’ or ‘‘Rejection’’ via e-mail. The results can be also followed up at the ‘‘Abstract Results’’ section at the website of the congress.
When you prepare your slides, please make sure that:
- Your slides do not contain more than 7 lines,
- Maximum 5 words are included in each line,
- Slides are prepared horizontally,
- Extremely-large tables are not included in the slides, and
- Slides are prepared in Turkish.
Papers accepted as poster presentations will be published in the proceedings book to be published after the congress.
- As a result of scientific assessment, it is possible to make changes in the poster or verbal presentation categories chosen at the time of application. Such changes will be notified in the letter of acceptance to be sent to the authors by e-mail.
- Abstracts that are not presented in the debates session will be excluded from the verbal presentation category.